xJSFL (or jsfl) write to the errors panel
  • madmattmadmatt April 2012

Hi, I guess this is more a jsfl question than xJSFL but ... is there any way of outputting text to the errors panel instead of the Output panel ?

Looking at the docs it doesn't look like it, but for build automation purposes it would be really great ;)

• DaveDave April 2012

Nope, that's compiler errors only. Is this for throw / catch errors?

The Pro Tools extension I'm releasing for Komodo in the next few weeks catches debugger output and pops a panel up which lets you navigate the offending lines interactively:

http://yfrog.com/z/kijl6p

You can get the text from this panel though: http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Flash/10.0_ExtendingFlash/WS5b3ccc516d4fbf351e63e3d118a9024f3f-7ffe.html

And the other option you have if you want text in a panel is to make your own. The xJSFL Module class and AS3 framework contains a whole bunch of functionality to make that process a lot less painful.

:D

Hi Dave,

yes, it would be for throwing errors to be catched by external apps that monitor the output of the Compiler Errors panel.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to add some code to the ant task tool too ... what started as a small project to help my fellow AS developers is turning into a full time job ;)

The possibility of creating/writing to a suctom panel is really interesting, I'll experiment with that, it looks like a much cleaner solution than throwing errors to the output panel and then parsing the whole output text looking for errors ...

By the way, the debugger output in komodo is really cool .... can't wait for the pro tools extension, are you looking  for beta testers :) ?

• DaveDave April 2012

Ha ha. It's all pretty much there now. Just got to package it along with the other tools and get the ecommerce side running. It's a paid add-on - it's never going to make that many sales, but hopefully folks will think the bonus tools are worth the money!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged