HEAD revision is not installing
  • sstarksstark March 2012

Hello,

I know the current beta is nearing completion, and everything's being moved around on a daily basis.

I'm wanting to start this thread so that when xJSFL is cleanly installing again, we can all know about it.

Today, I tried the newest head revision ( ff1fda3 ), and it does install... however the snippets panel is completely blank, does not even have the 'refresh' buttons at the bottom.

To get my code working with snippets, I have to do the following:

Checkout revision 1085786, install from this point, restart flash, see a working snippets panel, then checkout master, reload xJSFL in the snipets and it works.... up until I need to restart flash, then it all breaks again. Rinse and repeat.

Just thought I'd end this post by saying how much I appreciate this framework, it is a real time saver.

• DaveDave March 2012

Hey Steven

Thanks for the post.

Yeah, it is all moving around as you say! And I should be developing in branches... but... Anyway.

So - the bugs, although they feel big, are actually all just teething problems. I'm on the case right now getting them fixed, and will be doing a push in the next few hours / day or so. Hang tight, and hopefully the end of the weekend at the latest, a robust (non-announced) Beta 2 should be up there.

Then, next week is docs, and by the end of next week will be the Official Beta 2 Accouncement :)

After that, I'll be looking at fixes and omissions plus general usability of existing code, before announcing a full 1.0 release within a few weeks to a month.

:D

Dave,

you have me on the edge of my seat with anticipation. Can hardly wait! :)

thanks, 

-Steve

It's installing now! thank you so much.

cheers.

• DaveDave March 2012

Sweet! I still get errors on my mac the first time, but I think it might just be a reinstallation issue.

Nearly done...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with OpenID Sign In with Google Sign In with Twitter

Sign In Apply for Membership

Tagged